Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Interior cleaned, the car is ready to be delivered.

Major cleaning was needed in the interior...

I've used saddle soap on the leather and a mix of mink oil and mineral oil to nourish it.

Deep cleaning of the after market carpet.

My work is done.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Almost done...

I took the car for a test drive and the steering is straight now. I've buttoned up under the hood...

Cleaned up the brand new tires...

Just have to patch the exhaust and clean the interior.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This post is out of sequence; I forgot the pictures in my other camera.

The front plate was touching the paint. That's how rust can start. I have bent the top and bottom.

Tried the A/C and part of another big nest came out from the duct.

Before I polished the car... Here is a raccoon print embedded in the paint.

The roof paint was pretty stained also.

Removed all 4 wheel to be ready for the new tires; waiting for the dealer. I've cleaned the dried grease from inside the rims to avoid unbalanced weight.

I'll keep one tire to replace the spare one.

The rear disks and brake pads are good. Some surface rust on the suspension. I'll check the hydraulic lines to be sure.

The exhaust system was custom made; one tail pipe fell off.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Door finished and front "vitrine"...

The window motor is working. The windows goes up slowly but I never saw a fast windows on any SM; may be when they were new?

Also, cleaned up the leather with settle soap and mink oil. Came out beautiful.

A few drops of fluid on my garage floor. Since the massive fluid leaks, may be some fluid got caught in the chassis and it is coming out slowly. I'll keep an eye on it.

The front plate did not match the back. I've removed the front "vitrine" for the plate and to clean everything up.

I have polished the paint and the car looks gorgeous now.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wipers and motor...

Update: The tires are ordered and the radiator seems to be OK after all; may be some coolant was on it and smoking, so looks like that there is no leak. I'll keep an eye on it.

The wipers look pretty bad and rusty.

Much better now.

The throttle spring was beat up and too soft.

The throttle comes back home better now.

Few days ago, the widows did not work. I thought that the switches were bad but they work now except for the driver side which is very slow and does not come back up.

Extremely close to an electrical short there.

Old and dry grease.

I have solder a new heavy gauge wire. I will lube the track and the moving parts inside the door.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

She can move again...

This part will show through the hood opening; this badly rusted and ugly.

Better now.

The rack is back together...

... And back in the car.

Small leak on the upper left corner of the radiator.

No more hydraulic leak. I could get her out of the garage and turn her around. The radiator has a small leak on the upper left; a stop leak product might do the trick.

I have put back together the pedalo's parts and cover. The carpet was soaked with hydraulic fluid...

Clean now!

The door separating the chassis access with the passenger compartment was badly rusted.

I've used acid and a grinder to get rid of the rust.

In place:

I've re-glued the carpets and this part is done.

I've sprayed some oil (Rust protection) and lubed the front end before putting the fender back on.

Found a dead body and bones again...

One of the rear tail pipes fell off.

This tire is ready to blow out at any time :o/
She is starting to look like a car again.

The fender is back on.