Thursday, May 5, 2011

One leak fixed, two new ones!


I have noticed a bolt coming out of the converter housing. I was hoping that it got loose but it is actually broken.


I even found bones!


Much cleaner now.


Here is the culprit:


The new lines now are coated in some sort of plastic material (Before it was zinc)



They even chewed on the clear return line...



I used the hole for the clutch slave line, since there is none on this car. It would have saved me the trouble of removing the steering column and 2 shields. BUT...


... when I've started the car, the 6.35mm line going to the pedalo started to piss some hydraulic fluid.


Now I have to remove the water hose, steering column, 2 heat shield to access the connection.



The connector is finally in sight (Dark connector below left of the end of steering column).


The 6.35mm line...



The new one:


One of the U joint on the steering column was almost seized up.


The shield protecting the pedalo connections. The insulating material was falling apart and soak with fluid.


I've used Dynamat to replace the material.


Getting back together. The shield protecting the rubber bushing on the steering column is particularly painful to put back on.


The pressure went up and the car rose.


The product on the left is wonderful, by the way. It is ZEP Instant Spill Absorber. A must for Citroen owners.


The car went up nicely, BUT...


Another leak occurred at the steering rack.


I had to remove the rack since one end of this piping is attached underneath the rack.


The hole is right there but if I repair this another failure is bound to happen (See following picture)...


The line is badly rusted. I have to make a new piping.


0 comments:

Post a Comment